ITE (Buildings Technical Inspection)
direct links >>
The ITE (Buildings Technical Inspection) was created with the aim of facilitate to owners the compulsory duty of conservation in buildings and constructions.
Currently, in the city of Madrid and some other towns in the Region have the obligation to pass through an ITE that ensures the security, stability, consolidation and structural tightness.
The failure to comply with any of the above building basic features will result in Unfavourable Inspection and the consequent obligation to solve the found deficiencies in a maximum period of time, as expressed on that report.
The Buildings Technical Inspection is made on an official form, different in each area, together with an annex report.
Currently there are two different reports depending on whether the inspection comes favourable or unfavourable.
About the content of the buildings technical report will reference, necessarily, to the following aspects:
- Conservation state of structure and foundation.
- Conservation state of the interiors and exteriors facades, division walls and other adornments, especially those elements that could suppose a danger to public roads, such as terrace banister or plaques, among others.
- Conservation state of decks and roofs.
- Conservation state of the general plumbing and drainage.
If the report is unfavourable should also reflect, at least, the following:
- Description and location of faults and deficiencies that affect: the structure and foundation, the interior, exterior and division walls, together with adornments and the elements that could constitute a danger to persons, the roofing and roof, general plumbing and drainage.
- Description of the possible causes.
- Description of taken safety measures to ensure the safety of the building occupants, neighbours and passersby people.
- Prioritised description of necessary works to correct the described deficiencies in paragraph 1. And the needed time for implementation.
- Degree of implementation and effectiveness of the actions taken and the performed work for the correction of described deficiencies on previous building technical inspections.
Prior to the start of any job we'll create a budget that you should approve by signing a contract.
For ITEs we have an online tool for budget calculation. This tool is just for jobs inside the Community of Madrid, if you any other requirements, please, write us.
(see online tool conditions)