Renewable Energies, definition
The Energy is a physical magnitude that it's associated with the capacity that the bodies have to produce mechanical work, to emit light, to generate heat, etc.
The Energy, as its universal principle promulgates, neither is created nor destroyed, only becomes. Due to this principle, to obtain Energy, we have to start from an element with energy and can experience an energy transformation. These bodies are known as Energy Sources. The amounts available of these energies are what it we call Energy Resources.
The concept of Renewable Energy is the one that includes the double quality, opposite to the nonRenewable Energies, to be available and without impact on the environment in which we subsist. Also they are known as Alternative Energies since they constitute an alternative to the nonRenewable ones.
At the moment our energy model, together with our technical knowledge in Renewable Energies and the dictatorship of the market, makes the complete substitution by the Renewable Energies non viable. On any case, with minimum changes and a good dose of awareness, the objective is totally attainable.
In particular the Energy Road Map that we should follow, should be:
- Energy Saving, diminution of the energy use through a knowledge and greater sensitivity in the use of any element with power consumption. Being at the same level the energy use reduction by optimization and rationalization.
- Energy efficiency, massive use of systems with greater energy efficiency.
- Micro-Generation of Energy Resources. Great part of the Renewable Energies are not feasible economically on the creation on big generation plants far from the consumption centers although the same technology in a smaller scale overlapping with the consumption points can result much more feasible. With this strategy the same buildings that consume would become power generators.
Of course, to be able to carry out all these steps, the participation of all the Society is necessary, from the institutions and companies to the citizens who are the main actor on this assignment. And on this personal aspect is where we must start to work after these objectives through three simple rules:
- Follow up the Road Map within our personal and professional capacities.
- Spread away the Road Map to our friends, neighbors and colleagues.
- Demand to your government and also to your company the application of the Energy Road Map.
Because a better future is not only necessary but possible.